Whole Chicken in Slow Cooker Recipe
- 1 chicken about 4lbs
- 2 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons spice mix
- Prepare a mixture of paprika, turmeric, black pepper, coriander.
- Brush chicken with olive oil and rub spice mix into the chicken.
- Place in the bottom of the slow cooker with onion and carrot chunks.
- Place chicken on chunks, breast side up so it is slightly lifted off the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours or high 4-5 hours.
- Remove chicken and place on a small pan or grill.
- Broil 3-4 minutes to crisp skin (optional). Rest 10 minutes before slicing.