Sauerkraut Recipe in an Oak Barrel
This is a sauerkraut recipe with carrots that is popular in Eastern Europe. This is the number of products per 15-liter barrel.
- 10 kg
- 1 kg Carrot
- 200 g Salt
- 50 g Sugar
- Black pepper and bay leaves
- Finely sliced cabbage
- Peel and grate carrots
- Mix cabbage and carrots with salt and sugar.
- layered with black pepper and bay leaves. Tamp tightly in a barrel. Press down and left to ferment.
- From time to time, pierce the cabbage with a long stick to release the gases that accumulate during fermentation.
- You can try sauerkraut in 3 days.