Mexican Lasagna Recipe
Now for something different. Why not combine the great tastes of Italy and Mexico. You will be able to savor a delicious mix of herbs and spices with a little kick.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 45 minutes
Servings 4 Servings
- 1 lb beef or pork minced
- 16 oz refried beans can
- to taste oregano, cumin and garlic powder
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 2 ½ cups salsa
- 2 ½ cups water
- 2 cups sour cream
- ¾ cup onion sliced
- 2 oz olives
- 1 cup Pepper Jack Cheese shredded
- Brown the meat first. Then add in the herbs and spices as well as the refried beans.
- The layering is next. As you can see this is a very simple lasagna recipe. Start with the meat sauce on the bottom, then the lasagna noodles and so on.
- Mix together the salsa and water and pour over the lasagna.
- Cover with foil and cook for 1 and ½ hours at 350 F.
- Mix together the sour cream, olives, and onions. Pour on to the lasagna and sprinkle the cheese on top of this. Bake until the cheese has melted.
Serving: 100g | Calories: 1092kcal | Carbohydrates: 92g | Protein: 47g | Fat: 59g | Saturated Fat: 28g | Cholesterol: 166mg | Sodium: 2339mg | Potassium: 1204mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 1865IU | Vitamin C: 7.2mg | Calcium: 476mg | Iron: 4.3mg