Brown Sugar Pie Recipe is a basic pie from Quebec, Canada. In French, it is Tarte au Sucre Brun. The easiest and tastiest of pies you’re ever going to make, these 6 ingredients brown sugar pie needs to be part of your holiday menu!
Easy Southern Brown Sugar Pie is something truly amazing. It’s a pie that those people who are kind of on-the-fence about Thanksgiving dessert will love.
It’s got this amazing lightness to it, so it’s not a super heavy pie that will make you feel like you’re going to explode. No, this pie is the perfect end of meal dessert. It’s a simple sweet pie recipe that I cannot get enough of.
This brown sugar pie is great with a dollop of fresh whipped cream on top, it has a wonderful almost caramel-like flavor, it’s honestly my favorite Thanksgiving pie.
Brown Sugar Pie Recipe
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Total: 1 hr
- Servings: 8
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions for Brown Sugar Pie Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a saucepan, combine flour and sugar. Stir in milk, butter, salt, and vanilla. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
- Pour into an unbaked pie shell.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue baking for 25 minutes.