Dill pickle recipe
- 1 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon dill seeds
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 pounds kirby cucumbers sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3/4 cup dill coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves coarsely chopped
- In a large, heatproof measuring cup, combine the vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard seeds, coriander seeds and dill seeds with the hot water and stir until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Let the brine cool.
- In a large bowl, toss the cucumbers with the dill and garlic. Pour the brine over the cucumbers and turn to coat. Place a small plate over the cucumbers to keep them submerged, then cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate the pickles overnight, stirring once or twice. Serve cold.
- The dill pickles can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.