Copycat Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles are one of those appetizers that I can fall for again and again. It’s easy to make these crave-worthy Copycat Fried Pickles at home! And this fried pickles recipe is so good!
The most delicious pickled cucumbers are from oak barrels. Pickling in Oak Barrels: https://hoohla.cooking/pickling-in-oak-barrels#commentform
These Copycat Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles are totally worth the indulgence. The salty tang of the pickles is balanced perfectly with a delectable dipping sauce that has just the right amount of kick.
If you’re a fried food lover, you will really enjoy biting into one of our deep-fried pickles. They are really a treat. You’ll want to eat your fair share of this delicious appetizer recipe, so make sure you save enough room!
Fried pickles are commonly served with ranch dressing or another creamy sauce for dipping. The zesty seasoning in the dip featured in this recipe deliciously complements the tangy pickles. You’ll want to make this recipe again just to get another taste of the dip.
Copycat Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles Recipe
- yield: 4 servings
- prep time: 10 minutes
- cook time: 10 minutes
- total time: 20 MINUTES
FOR THE DIP:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp horseradish
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1/4 tsp seasoning you like
FOR THE PICKLES:
- Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- 2 cups dill pickles, drained and sliced
INSTRUCTIONS for Copycat Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles
- Preheat oil to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix all the dip ingredients. Set aside.
- Place about 1 1/2” of vegetable oil in a wide pot and heat over medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, Cajun seasoning, oregano, basil, pepper, and salt.
- Depending on how big your pot is, you may have to fry the pickles in 2 batches. You don’t want the pickles to overlap when they’re frying, so make sure you have enough space.
- Coat the pickles with the flour mixture and shake off excess. Gently add the pickles to the oil, one at a time.
- Fry for about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove pickles with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Repeat with another batch, if necessary.
- Serve right away with dipping sauce.