Barbecue Grilled Salmon
Asian style barbecue grilled salmon can be easily cooked on the barbecue on a warm summer’s evening.
Servings 2 people
- 4 4 ounce salmon fillets with the skins on
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 half lime zest and juice
- 1 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp chili paste
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp green onion sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- First make the barbecue sauce. Mix together the ginger, lime, garlic, chili paste, mirin, soy sauce and rice vinegar.
- Brush your grill with the vegetable oil and put on the salmon fillets, skin-side down. Grill for 5 minutes and then turn over.
- Put some of the barbecue sauce on top of the fillets and grill for another 3 minutes.
- Remove the salmon fillets from the grill and pour over the rest of the barbecue sauce.
- Sprinkle over the green onion slices and sesame seeds. This goes well with jacket potatoes also cooked on the barbecue.